I've been getting help for the past year or so and it's been bumpy but worth it. My doctor put me on medication and referred me to counselling which helped but i don't need the counselling anymore. I still self-harm but slowly learning to cope with the urges to cut, i once went 9 weeks without cutting so i know i can stop and i will stop eventually.
The moving on part of this story is leaving my dad in the past and getting on with my family but most importantly i have an amazing boyfriend Sean, who has been there for me and supporting me through all of this. I've been with Sean 10months at the end of February and it's been emotional but amazing. I don't think i would've managed long without him or gotten the help i needed when i needed it if it wasn't for him. He's been my rock through everything, he treats me great and even puts up with my low and bad moods. I really couldn't have asked for a better boyfriend.
This proved to me that things can get better and will get better if you really want it to. As long as you have someone to support you and someone you trust then you will be alright.
I'm really happy with the way things are going the now with my family and with my boyfriend, i may still cut but i know things will get better and i will stop with the help i have.
No comments:
Post a Comment